MAYAN INLAND EXPEDITION
Coba, México - Mayan Inland Expedition Map
Punta Laguna is a nature reserve managed and protected by a mayan community that offers eco-touristic activities in a very diverse and beautiful setting of mature jungle and a clear lagoon.
The reserve has an extraordinary diversity of flora and fauna (over 300 species of birds and many more including some with a special status of protection such as the Puma), Punta Laguna is also considered a sancturary for the endangered Spider Monkey.
Coba was probably the largest settlement in the north of the Yucatan Peninsula during the classic period of the mayan civilization.
There are 5 main architectural groups distributed around the lakes, connected by an impressive road network “sacbeoob” (ancient white road).
Maya Inland Expedition is the perfect tour to live and learn about the past of the Mayan
people, their current culture and the incredible nature of the Yucatan Peninsula in a day full of
activities such as zip lining, swimming, canoeing, cycling and going up a temple of impressive
height. Ideal for the whole family!
We recommend that clients bring their bathing suit, sun glasses, a towel, sun screen, insect repellant, binoculars, their camera and cash, as in this area you can not find ATM machines, nor do any of the vendors accept credit cards. The guides appreciate tips for great service, and you are sure to leave with great memories. We do not accept credit cards.
• Transportation from and to your hotel
• Soft drinks
• Entrance fees
• A Tour Gift
• Alcoholic drinks
• Mosquito repellent
• Extra cost of 10$US / person for your pick up in your hotel located between Akumal and Playa del Carmen
• Available only on Tuesday & Friday -> small group tours (max 10 pers.)
• Available every day for booking of min 4 pers.
• Available every day for private tour -> ask your quote
Activities• 7h30->8h30: Pick up at your hotel.
• Visit Punta Laguna reserve (walk through the jungle looking for monkeys and other wildlife, canoe and zip line across a clear lagoon, participate in a Mayan ceremony and swim in a cenote).
• Yucatecan food, served in the restaurant of the community.
• Explore Coba (walking, cycling and climbing the Nohoch Mul temple).
• 17h->18h: Drop-off at your hotel.